Fenland’s youth projects could be in line for share of £5,000
- Credit: Archant
Youth projects in Fenland are being urged to apply for a share of a £5,000 grant.
Fenland Youth District Council is holding an extraordinary meeting on March 19 where it hopes to hand out £5,000 to help young people throughout the district.
The maximum single grant is £1,000 and applications must be received by March 10, with the 2014-5 grant scheme opening in April.
Organisations that have already received YDC grants this financial year are C4 Basketball, March Town Cricket Club, March Marlins, Manea & Chatteris Youth Club, Girls Venture Corp Air Cadets (Wisbech), 20Twenty Productions, 1220 (March) Squadron Air Training and Estover Park under-16s girls football team.
Fenland District Councillor Steve Garratt said: “I’m always impressed by our young councillors’ ability to come up with really imaginative ideas and this special grant giving meeting is another example of that.
You may also want to watch:
“The grant scheme has been hugely popular over the years. I hope youth groups will jump at this opportunity and make March 19 an exciting and rewarding evening.”
Applicants will be notified by no later than March 14 if their application will be considered.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
They will be offered the chance to give a presentation (no more than five minutes) on the evening, but it will not prejudice their application if they decline the offer
Applicants will be informed of the YDC’s decision after all grants have been heard and assessed.
All successful applicants must complete their project within six months rather than the usual year time limit.
A grant application form is available at www.fenland.gov.uk/article/3184