Fenland schoolboy, 10, taken to hospital with burns to face and chest
A FENLAND schoolboy was taken to hospital on Saturday night with burns to his chest and face.
The Magpas Helimedix team flew to the 10-year-old’s home in Welney, near Downham Market, on a shared Magpas and Cambridgeshire police helicopter at 5.42pm.
The team assisted the ambulance crew and provided pre-hospital care whilst escorting him by land ambulance to Addenbrookes Hospital, in Cambridge.
On arrival the youngster was described as being in a serious but stable condition.
Debbie Florence, from Magpas, said: “This incident highlights how crucial our service is especially at night.
You may also want to watch:
“We were able to make sure the patient received the right treatment at the scene and then transferred him to the right hospital for his injuries.”
- 1 Woman escapes unharmed after car and bus B1101 crash
- 2 Tributes paid to 'much loved' Gabija killed in A605 crash
- 3 Family tribute to grandfather killed in A1123 crash
- 4 ‘I’m tired of being fobbed off’ says customer of Wisbech builder
- 5 Man dies in A11 ditch crash
- 6 Mum overwhelmed by support for 'angel gowns' project
- 7 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 14-year-old footballer's 'dream' comes true after securing England trial
- 10 Woman left 'terrified' after spitting assault