Fenland schools benefit from Rotary Club quiz - and a visit by Harold
HAROLD the Life Education mascot caught up with friends at a Fenland school today as Rotarians presented cheques to help pay for his future visits.
The presentation at Park Lane Primary School, Whittlesey, was organised by the town’s Rotary Club. It raises funds to help pay for the visits of the Life Education Mobile to Park Lane, New Road and Alderman Jacobs schools.
Harold, through his minder, chief educator Louise Augarde, said: “I’m delighted to visit my old school pals in Whittlesey once again.
“The mobile classroom visits the three schools regularly and we always have great fun.”
Rotarian Stephen Hodson, club spokesman, said: “For the past 15 years we have held a big quiz in Whittlesey and this year with the help of sponsors raised �2,500 to give to the schools.
You may also want to watch:
2Life Education produces well respected health and anti-drug programmes for primary school children. Parents, teachers and children really like it, and it works.”
- 1 Floral tributes laid for man killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 2 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 3 Wife's tribute to husband killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 4 Cannabis factory uncovered in Fen village
- 5 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 6 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 7 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 8 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 9 'Gone but never forgotten' - tributes left by lake where man drowned
- 10 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town