Fenland scouts speak out against fly tipping
- Credit: Archant
A group of scouts who hiked from March to Wisbech were horrified at the amount of fly tipping they encountered.
Cub scouts from the 2nd March Saxons pack, joined by scouts from both 1st and 2nd March scout groups, hiked 10 miles from March to Wisbech to raise funds for BRAKE.
They took photos of the worst fly tipping and are writing to Fenland District Council in a bid to have the route returned to its original beauty.
Rubbish included household and garden waste, building rubble and even a large pile of stripped cable.
Scout leader Claire Richardson said: “The Cubs would like to appeal to everyone about dumping rubbish, they are concerned about the risks to the local wildlife and the fact it is lazy.
You may also want to watch:
“They could not understand why anyone would feel the need to dump rubbish when there are council owned recycling centres where household waste can be taken for free.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 9 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 10 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation