Fenland Scrapstore Goes Live!
DO you enjoy arts, craft and DIY but find the materials cost too much? Well,look no further than Fenland Scrapstore.
Launching officially on Thursday February 24, the Scrapstore will provide all sorts of interesting and reusable items at a really low cost, and will be open for everyone to come along to! The launch event will be held at St Andrew’s Church Hall, Whittlesey and it will run from 1pm till 4pm. Refreshments will be served and there will be a free creative workshop for children.
Fenland Scrapstore has been set up by the team at Atelier East and aims to promote reuse and recycling by accepting reusable business and domestic scrap that can then be re-sold in order to reduce waste that would typically end up in landfill sites. IT also aims to provide opportunities for work, support local communities and help people to unleash their creative side!
Karen Harvey said: ‘It’s so exciting to be able to finally launch the Scrapstore! Everyone has worked so hard to make this happen and I think it’s going to prove to be an invaluable resource - not just for schools and community groups, but for individuals who love to be creative, reuse and recycle! Everyone is welcome to join us for the launch event and get FREE membership, find out more about what we do, and have a really good rummage through all of the exciting materials we have brought together!’
The new Scrapstore is also looking for people to get involved as volunteers and it will be an amazing chance to learn all about reducing your waste, helping to save the environment, get involved with the community and even add a great new part to your CV.
You may also want to watch:
If you are planning a spring clear out at home, bring along what you have to donate, or get in touch if you need help with this. Whether you are a business or a member of the public and your interested in finding out how you can get involved, what to donate, lower your waste costs and help the environment, contact Karen Harvey on 01945 773915. You can also find helpful information on www.fenlandscrapstore.co.uk
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 8 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s