Fenland Scrapstore narrowly misses out on community �5k Co-op prize
THE popular Fenland Scrapstore narrowly missed out on winning �5,000 in a Co-op competition to help support events that benefit communities.
The scrapstore - which sells a range of materials including fabric off-cuts and items for art projects - entered the Join the Revolution competition and faced off against groups in the Central England category.
The group, set up by Atelier East, finished fifth, in the section which was won by the JIMAS Community Centre Project in Ipswich which aims to restore a derelict church to use it as a multi-functioning community centre.
A spokesman for Fenland Scrapstore said: “This event shows the need for such a thing as the Fenland Scrapstore and the importance of keeping it going.
“The team at the Scrapstore thank everyone who voted and supported them in the competition and hope the support carries on through everything they do.”
Since the competition the scrapstore has held another event, this time in March. Young People March hosted the session with customers once again queuing to get in before it even opened.
• E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- 1 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 2 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 3 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 4 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 5 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 6 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 7 Horse rider injured in crash on Ramsey Road in Warboys
- 8 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops