Fenland Scrapstore narrowly misses out on community �5k Co-op prize
THE popular Fenland Scrapstore narrowly missed out on winning �5,000 in a Co-op competition to help support events that benefit communities.
The scrapstore - which sells a range of materials including fabric off-cuts and items for art projects - entered the Join the Revolution competition and faced off against groups in the Central England category.
The group, set up by Atelier East, finished fifth, in the section which was won by the JIMAS Community Centre Project in Ipswich which aims to restore a derelict church to use it as a multi-functioning community centre.
A spokesman for Fenland Scrapstore said: “This event shows the need for such a thing as the Fenland Scrapstore and the importance of keeping it going.
“The team at the Scrapstore thank everyone who voted and supported them in the competition and hope the support carries on through everything they do.”
You may also want to watch:
Since the competition the scrapstore has held another event, this time in March. Young People March hosted the session with customers once again queuing to get in before it even opened.
• E-mail email@example.com for more information.
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Man in his 20 dies at West Norfolk park
- 4 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 5 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 6 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash