Fenland team complete Barcelona Bangers trip in old London taxi - and raised �1,000 for Macmillan
A TEAM of four that completed a 1,300-mile road trip from Calais to Barcelona in an old London taxi raised �1,000 for Macmillan Cancer Support.
Mechanic Jonathan Upchurch, from March, and three friends undertook the ‘Barcelona Bangers’ trip in a vehicle they bought for �250 on eBay.
Jonathan said: “We had very little mechanical problems with the cab, despite it having 326,000 miles on the clock.
“It was a trip of a lifetime, an amazing experience.”
Jonathan, along with his cousin Jherek Upchurch, Alan Stimpson and Joshua Harlock, took three days to complete the course alongside 80 other teams.
You may also want to watch:
A cheque was presented by Wendy Upchurch to Dorothea Roberts, chairman, and Gillian Kime, secretary of the March and Chatteris Committee for Macmillan Cancer Support.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused