Fenland travel agent launches toy appeal in aid of Ormiston Trust
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland travel agent is collecting toys, books and games to give to charity this Christmas.
The Anglia Co-operative Travel team at Broad Street, March, as part of their Santa Suitcase appeal, now in its third year, will distribute gifts to Ormiston Children and Families Trust.
They have already collected a number of gifts from caring customers.
Manager Natasha Thatcher said: “Local people are always very generous with their support and we ask for donations of new toys, books and games.”
Amanda Newman, children’s centre manager, said: “Ormiston Children and Families Trust offers universal services to all families that are in need, no matter how small or big the problem may seem.
“We have an open-door policy and encourage any family that may need extra help and support, to come and see us.
“Due to the increase in demands for our service, the Santa’s Suitcase appeal by the March Co-operative Travel branch enables families to have a normal Christmas.
- 1 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 2 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
- 3 Arson causes fire to rip through derelict building
- 4 Police officer speaks out after violent assault left bleed on brain
- 5 'Why not have two stations?' - Villagers air their views on £37m rail project
- 6 Chatteris Fire brigade respond to nearly 20 calls in two days
- 7 Jury to go out in trial of driver accused of causing toddler's death
- 8 Man and teenager jailed after carrying out ‘horrific’ homophobic attack
- 9 Heather's Hedgehog Hotel in Chatteris officially opens
- 10 Over 6,000 homes approved across Cambridgeshire this year
“There are many families that can’t afford to put food on the table, so this donation will really make a difference to them at Christmas.”
The appeal closes at 5.30pm on December 19. You can take your gift into the branch on Monday-Saturday between 9am-5.30pm.