Fenland travel agent launches toy appeal in aid of Ormiston Trust
- Credit: Archant
A Fenland travel agent is collecting toys, books and games to give to charity this Christmas.
The Anglia Co-operative Travel team at Broad Street, March, as part of their Santa Suitcase appeal, now in its third year, will distribute gifts to Ormiston Children and Families Trust.
They have already collected a number of gifts from caring customers.
Manager Natasha Thatcher said: “Local people are always very generous with their support and we ask for donations of new toys, books and games.”
Amanda Newman, children’s centre manager, said: “Ormiston Children and Families Trust offers universal services to all families that are in need, no matter how small or big the problem may seem.
You may also want to watch:
“We have an open-door policy and encourage any family that may need extra help and support, to come and see us.
“Due to the increase in demands for our service, the Santa’s Suitcase appeal by the March Co-operative Travel branch enables families to have a normal Christmas.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 7 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
“There are many families that can’t afford to put food on the table, so this donation will really make a difference to them at Christmas.”
The appeal closes at 5.30pm on December 19. You can take your gift into the branch on Monday-Saturday between 9am-5.30pm.