Fen youngster Liam Garcia, aged 12, becomes Chatteris Tennis Club’s youngest ever player to join Men’s League in 110 year history
- Credit: Supplied / Club
A young tennis player from the Fens has become one of the youngest ever to compete in the region’s Men’s League.
Liam Garcia of Chatteris Tennis Club has joined the league at just 12-years-old, the youngest player to join in the club's 110-year history.
Liam was invited by team captain Matt Sizer to play in their away match against St Neots Men's C Team in the HPT League.
A club spokesman said: "It's proving to be quite an exceptional year for Liam.
"Earlier this year, he won both the club's Junior Tournament and the 'Venue Stage' of the Road to Wimbledon Tournament for 11 to 14-year-old boys.
You may also want to watch:
"The latter he won for the second year in a row, qualifying him to compete in the County Championships Stage against boys two years his senior.
"Liam has now been invited to take part in both the club's Rickwood Cup Mixed Doubles Tournament later this month and in the Men's Doubles Tournament in September."
For more information about the club and how to join, visit: www.chatteristennis.com
- 1 Nine years jail for paedophile who 'manipulated and exploited' teenage girls
- 2 Man hospitalised with serious injuries after industrial accident
- 3 Jail for sex offender who went abroad and missed his appointments
- 4 Police respond to 200 Covid breaches in one weekend
- 5 Two-car collision on A47
- 6 Hickford blames county council's 'incompetent project management' for abandoning Manor Farm
- 7 Drunk and disorderly man ‘ashamed and embarrassed’ after arrest
- 8 Rapid Covid-19 test centre highlights latest success
- 9 'We can't stand still' - co-chairman on taking Whittlesey to next level
- 10 Nearly a million trees planted alongside A14 die and need replacing