Fenland youngsters improve youth image
FENLAND youngsters have made it to the final of a countywide competition aimed at improving the image of young people. Over 20 young people, aged from 12 to 25, are in the running for big cash prizes at the awards ceremony for the SkillsTrain Cambridgeshi
FENLAND youngsters have made it to the final of a countywide competition aimed at improving the image of young people.
Over 20 young people, aged from 12 to 25, are in the running for big cash prizes at the awards ceremony for the SkillsTrain Cambridgeshire Young People of the Year 2007.
Finalists from the Fens include:
Twins Daryl and Jamie Ward, 20, of Lake Avenue, Lakesend Welney, who have raised thousands for Magpas after a dramatic incident in their family and have now become volunteer workers for the charity that provides emergency medical aid in East Anglia.
You may also want to watch:
Dominic Stannard, 18, of Osborne Road, Wisbech, who coaches youngsters in cricket, basketball and badminton. ""I love sport, love coaching and I love working with kids," he says.
More than 200 people, including leading councillors, business people and teachers will be celebrating the young people's achievements at an awards ceremony at Hinchingbrooke Performing Arts Centre in Huntingdon, on Monday 2 July.
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 6 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
The overall winner will receive £1000 - £500 for themselves and £500 to donate to a young people's organisation.