Radio station seals the deal for 'perfect partnership'
- Credit: RWT Photography / Fenland Youth Radio
A radio station hopes its latest supporter will help continue the progress it has made in the last 12 months.
Kellyvision will become the principal sponsor of Fenland Youth Radio based in Whittlesey, which first hit the airwaves last September, for the next year.
Kelley Shipp, founder and director of Kellyvision, said, “We recognise the strides that Fenland Youth Radio has made in just 12 months.
“We see this as a perfect partnership for us to be backing young people producing great content for the whole community.”
The electrical appliance firm has pledged to support Fenland Youth Radio’s tribute to Eurovision on May 15 between 7-9pm, where presenters Rob and Julie Windle will play some of the competition’s top tunes from the last 60 years.
You may also want to watch:
Kellyvision will also support the Whittlesey primary schools writing challenge in partnership with children’s author James Nicol.
David Carr, station manager at Fenland Youth Radio, said: “To have an established company as a major supporter will enable us to continue onwards and upwards.
- 1 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Body found in Wisbech road
- 4 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 5 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 6 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 7 Crash driver four and a half times over drink drive limit
- 8 Survey finds staggering 97 cent support for new Aldi store
- 9 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
- 10 Students highlight road safety in new films
“It is going to be an exciting 12 months with some great initiatives in the pipeline.”
Children are asked to enter a piece of work, such as a short story or poem, of up to 500 words, where the winning piece will feature in a future edition of Discovering Magazines.
Closing date for entries is Wednesday, June 30. To enter, email firstname.lastname@example.org.