FENLANDER: �200,000 March Play Project completed with The Avenue park now modernised
BOYS and girls in March have every reason to come out to play now that a project initiated last summer has been completed.
New and more challenging equipment has been installed in four play areas in the town, making them all much more exciting and fun for children of all ages.
The latest site to be modernised is in The Avenue. It follows similar improvements made in Gaul Road, North Drive and Albert Drive.
The �200,000 March Play Project has been carried out by Fenland District Council’s parks and open spaces team, with Section 106 funding.
Extensive consultation was carried out with residents on the sort of equipment they wanted, including visits to each site by FDC’s Play Roadshow. Following that feedback, schools were presented with three alternative designs for each site and more than 400 children voted for their favourites.
You may also want to watch:
After putting some of the new equipment at The Avenue to the test himself, Cllr Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “It’s really important that children are given the chance to play out in the fresh air and these improvements should definitely encourage them to do that.
“The new equipment is a lot of fun and certainly a big improvement on what was there before. So my message to every family is: get out there and make the most of it!”
- 1 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 2 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 3 30 firefighters tackle A14 lorry blaze
- 4 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 5 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 6 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 9 Hauliers on how they are tackling the HGV driver shortage crisis
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell