FENLANDER: A Christmas message from the Chairman of Fenland District Council
THE Festive Season is now well and truly with us so I would like to offer a special greeting to each and every one of you in Fenland and wish you all a very Happy Christmas.
It is an honour to be Chairman of the Council and to represent the District of Fenland at many Civic events both near and far. I took office in May of this year, since when the many occasions that Marie and I have had the pleasure to attend have been very special, each in their own way.
They have ranged from hosting a visit from Stadt Nettetal, our twinned District in Germany, to laying a wreath on behalf of the District on Remembrance Sunday, both very different events but both ones that I was very proud to be involved with.
Earlier this month I had the pleasure of accompanying the High Sheriff of Cambridgeshire, Richard Barnwell, on a tour of Fenland. We had a very enjoyable day and I can say that Richard, who is a great supporter of Fenland, was very impressed with his insight into the services we provide and the levels of satisfaction that we achieve in spite of the difficult challenges facing us all, both financially and socially.
Two weeks ago we really got into the Christmas spirit at a wonderful Community Carol Service at St Leonard’s Church in Leverington. The church was packed with many distinguished guests and civic leaders as well as friends, family and members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
Students from Thomas Clarkson Community College provided some of the music and Army cadets formed a guard and helped with the collection. I am grateful to everyone for making it such a great success.
On behalf of Marie and myself may I wish you all a Happy Christmas and a healthy, peaceful and fulfilling New Year.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
May love be in your life, may hope be in your heart and may peace be in our world.
CLLR MICHAEL HUMPHREY
Fenland District Council