FENLANDER: A new look for news on Fenland District Council’s website
- Credit: Archant
THE news page on Fenland District Council’s website has been revamped to give people wider and more immediate access to information about all the council’s activities.
Councillor John Clark, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for quality organisation, pictured, said: “More and more people are looking online as their main way of finding out what’s going on and what services and help are available to them. We are responding to that trend.
“Our mission as a council is to improve the quality of life for everyone in Fenland. In addition to the services we provide directly ourselves, we work closely with many other organisations and play a vital role in supporting and promoting the activities of numerous voluntary and community groups.
“The new look for our news page will help to showcase all that good work and promote it to a wider audience.”
The revamp coincides with another online initiative – last week’s launch of a new tourism website, www.visitcambridgeshirefens.org, by Adam Henson, the well-known farmer and presenter of the BBC’s Countryfile prgramme.
Mr Henson is pictured at the launch with Councillor Pop Jolley, FDC’s portfolio holder for leisure and tourism.
• To view FDC’s latest news, visit www.fenland.gov.uk/article/6503/News-and-Events
- 1 Man in 50s dies after medical incident in field
- 2 Glasses smashed and beer poured on pub floor after alcohol refusal
- 3 Roll up, roll up, for the Fenland Council mini ‘sale of the century’
- 4 Missing woman back home
- 5 Man in 30s dead, two arrested on suspicion of murder in Norfolk town
- 6 Café holds 'heavy heart' as it announces closure
- 7 Motorists face extra time on journeys due to A141 closure
- 8 Zip-shaped mark on Rikki's body came from his anorak – the one used to strangle him, court told
- 9 Family's questions over Covid death of beloved hospital care worker
- 10 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police