FENLANDER: A new look for news on Fenland District Council’s website
- Credit: Archant
THE news page on Fenland District Council’s website has been revamped to give people wider and more immediate access to information about all the council’s activities.
Councillor John Clark, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for quality organisation, pictured, said: “More and more people are looking online as their main way of finding out what’s going on and what services and help are available to them. We are responding to that trend.
“Our mission as a council is to improve the quality of life for everyone in Fenland. In addition to the services we provide directly ourselves, we work closely with many other organisations and play a vital role in supporting and promoting the activities of numerous voluntary and community groups.
“The new look for our news page will help to showcase all that good work and promote it to a wider audience.”
The revamp coincides with another online initiative – last week’s launch of a new tourism website, www.visitcambridgeshirefens.org, by Adam Henson, the well-known farmer and presenter of the BBC’s Countryfile prgramme.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Henson is pictured at the launch with Councillor Pop Jolley, FDC’s portfolio holder for leisure and tourism.
• To view FDC’s latest news, visit www.fenland.gov.uk/article/6503/News-and-Events
- 1 'Amazing team work' at hospital's vaccination clinic
- 2 'Physically and mentally exhausted" Matt in plea to find missing beagle
- 3 Man suffers serious injuries after two-vehicle crash on A47
- 4 Cops 'cash and carry' raid nets 108 cannabis plants and £100,000
- 5 Sandbags available ahead as Storm Christoph arrives
- 6 'Well, here's another nice mess you've gotten me into'
- 7 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 8 ‘Boris should try to fill in the forms if he thinks they’re so simple’
- 9 Rough sleepers helped from tents pitched on private land
- 10 High life ends for Bentley owning drug dealer