FENLANDER: All hands on decks for Tydd St Giles youngsters at DJ workshop
YOUNG people from the Tydd St Giles Youth Club had the chance to try their hand on the decks at a recent DJ workshop organised by Fenland District Council.
Some are pictured with local DJ Stephen Calver, who came along to show them how it’s done.
FDC is encouraging the group – and others like it – to put in bids to the council’s Community Grants scheme to enable them to stage taster sessions for other activities.
The Community Grants scheme has �70,000 available for distribution to community and voluntary organisations for projects over the next year. They can apply for grants of up to �5,000.
Applications must be received by April 27 so that they can be fully assessed by a panel made up of FDC’s Cabinet and a representative from Roddons. Funding will be allocated in August and projects are to run until April 1, 2013.
You may also want to watch:
• For more details and application forms, call Hetty Thornton, FDC’s senior community development officer, on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack