FENLANDER: Atelier East and Wisbech Museum launch hunt for new Poet Laureates
- Credit: Archant
SHARE your passion for poetry and you could have the honour of being one of this year’s two Fenland Poet Laureates.
That is the prize awaiting the winners of a competition organised by Atelier East and Wisbech & Fenland Museum.
They are looking for poems on the theme of Fenland, which can be interpreted “as broadly as you like” but should be no longer than 40 lines.
The Poet Laureates will come from two age groups – young (10-16) and adult (17-plus). They will hold the honorary titles for a year, working with Atelier East to chronicle special events and celebrate Fenland.
Entries must be received by 5pm on Friday, February 1.
You may also want to watch:
All shortlisted entrants will get certificates of achievement and will be invited to a celebratory awards evening in Wisbech on March 1.
More details and entry forms are available in museums, libraries and Fenland @ your service shops or online at www.atelier-east.co.uk
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire