FENLANDER: Businesses offered special deals on council’s training courses
BUSINESSES are being offered special deals on a range of training courses run by Fenland District Council to encourage them to increase the skills levels of their staff.
Those that book one place on any full-day, Level 2 course in health and safety, food safety or healthier foods can get another Level 2 course at half-price. And any business that books one half-day course will get 10 per cent off the price of a second place.
The courses help employers to sustain their business and fulfil their legal duties to provide employees with suitable training and information.
They include the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) Level 2 Health and Safety Course as well as specialised modules such as COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health), manual handling and workplace risk assessment.
The next course dates are:
• Effective Manual Handling Risk Assessments: February 16, 9.15am-12.15pm.
• CIEH Level 2 Health and Safety: February 22, 9.15am- 4.15pm.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Serial shoplifter challenged by security staff is jailed
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 9 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 10 Cambridgeshire pub destroyed by fire overnight
• Effective COSHH Risk Assessments: March 29, 9.15am-12.15pm.
Councillor Chris Seaton, FDC’s “Open for Business” portfolio holder, said: “These courses are an important element of the support we offer local businesses and they’re extremely good value.
“Putting in place proper health and safety practices is not only a legal requirement for all organisations, it also plays a key part in making them successful and profitable. That’s why we’re encouraging all employers to take full advantage of these training opportunities and the special deals on offer.”
• For more information or to book places, call the Environment and Leisure support team on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com