FENLANDER: Businesses offered special deals on council’s training courses
BUSINESSES are being offered special deals on a range of training courses run by Fenland District Council to encourage them to increase the skills levels of their staff.
Those that book one place on any full-day, Level 2 course in health and safety, food safety or healthier foods can get another Level 2 course at half-price. And any business that books one half-day course will get 10 per cent off the price of a second place.
The courses help employers to sustain their business and fulfil their legal duties to provide employees with suitable training and information.
They include the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health (CIEH) Level 2 Health and Safety Course as well as specialised modules such as COSHH (Control of Substances Hazardous to Health), manual handling and workplace risk assessment.
The next course dates are:
You may also want to watch:
• Effective Manual Handling Risk Assessments: February 16, 9.15am-12.15pm.
• CIEH Level 2 Health and Safety: February 22, 9.15am- 4.15pm.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 3 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
• Effective COSHH Risk Assessments: March 29, 9.15am-12.15pm.
Councillor Chris Seaton, FDC’s “Open for Business” portfolio holder, said: “These courses are an important element of the support we offer local businesses and they’re extremely good value.
“Putting in place proper health and safety practices is not only a legal requirement for all organisations, it also plays a key part in making them successful and profitable. That’s why we’re encouraging all employers to take full advantage of these training opportunities and the special deals on offer.”
• For more information or to book places, call the Environment and Leisure support team on 01354 654321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org