FENLANDER: Cash on offer for buildings repairs under Fenland Renaissance programme
MONEY is still on offer from Fenland District Council for various different kinds of properties in need of repair or improvement.
Owners of listed buildings or buildings of local interest can apply for grants from the council’s Buildings at Risk fund. They could get 50 per cent of the total cost of repairs up to a maximum of about �1,800.
Other grants are available through the Fenland Renaissance programme for shop owners looking to improve the look of their premises.
They can get up to 50 per cent of the total cost of the work, up to a maximum of �1,500, for the repair or reintroduction of traditional timber shop fronts for period buildings or for aluminium ones in more modern premises.
Grants can also be given for minor repairs or simply repainting, but not for signage.
You may also want to watch:
Under a separate strand of the Renaissance programme, cash is available for owners of some other buildings in need of renovation in town and village centres. Owners can apply for up to 50 per cent of the cost of renovation up to a maximum of �15,000.
• For full details and application forms, call Martyn Kendall, FDC’s conservation officer, on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack