FENLANDER: Chatteris to get mobile gym twice a week as part of changes
CHATTERIS residents will be able to use Fenland District Council’s mobile gym twice a week from early next month.
From September 6, it will be visiting the town on Mondays and Thursdays instead of just on Sundays, as at present.
That is one of several changes that are being made to the gym’s weekly schedule following feedback from the public and a review of its usage over its first eight weeks out on the road.
The initial pilot scheme is due to run for six months, during which regular assessments are being made of customers’ responses.
The revised schedule, to be implemented from September 6, is as follows:
You may also want to watch:
• Monday, 10am-1pm and 4-8pm: Furrowfields car park, Chatteris
• Tuesday, 10am-1pm and 4-7pm: Wimblington Parish Hall
- 1 Girl, 15, in late night stand-off with train on rural line
- 2 Pupils thrilled to take next step towards England dream
- 3 Jail for 'predator' who raped vulnerable woman in children's play park
- 4 ‘Shovel-ready’ mayor brings key schemes back from the brink
- 5 Threatening domestic abuser tracked and assaulted ex partner of 10 years
- 6 'Savage' attack left man without spleen
- 7 Cant's Drove loses 'worst road in the Fens' title
- 8 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 9 7 of the most expensive houses on the market in Cambridgeshire right now
- 10 Pets saved in horrific rescue start to be rehomed
• Wednesday, 2-8pm: The Royal British Legion, Manea
• Thursday, 10am-1pm and 4-8pm: Furrowfields car park, Chatteris
On Fridays, the support vehicle will be visiting various other areas, with staff on board to provide health and lifestyle checks and advice.
Councillor Steve Garratt, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for health and young people, said: “We have been getting loads of reaction to the gym. Everyone who has used it has been really enthusiastic but obviously it is proving more popular in some areas than others. We are responding to that.
“The whole point of the current pilot scheme is to work out how we can make the best possible use of the facility, given the resources we have. We’ll continue to monitor it closely over the coming months and we welcome everyone’s feedback.”
For the latest information about the gym, visit www.fenland.gov.uk/mobilegym, call 01354 654321 or text ‘purple’ to 88882.