FENLANDER: Chatteris to get mobile gym twice a week as part of changes
CHATTERIS residents will be able to use Fenland District Council’s mobile gym twice a week from early next month.
From September 6, it will be visiting the town on Mondays and Thursdays instead of just on Sundays, as at present.
That is one of several changes that are being made to the gym’s weekly schedule following feedback from the public and a review of its usage over its first eight weeks out on the road.
The initial pilot scheme is due to run for six months, during which regular assessments are being made of customers’ responses.
The revised schedule, to be implemented from September 6, is as follows:
• Monday, 10am-1pm and 4-8pm: Furrowfields car park, Chatteris
• Tuesday, 10am-1pm and 4-7pm: Wimblington Parish Hall
- 1 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 4 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 5 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 6 Bus ‘wars', Aids, Ely parking and a ’vote for fen man – for fen people’
- 7 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 8 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 9 Could you give these pets a home?
- 10 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
• Wednesday, 2-8pm: The Royal British Legion, Manea
• Thursday, 10am-1pm and 4-8pm: Furrowfields car park, Chatteris
On Fridays, the support vehicle will be visiting various other areas, with staff on board to provide health and lifestyle checks and advice.
Councillor Steve Garratt, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for health and young people, said: “We have been getting loads of reaction to the gym. Everyone who has used it has been really enthusiastic but obviously it is proving more popular in some areas than others. We are responding to that.
“The whole point of the current pilot scheme is to work out how we can make the best possible use of the facility, given the resources we have. We’ll continue to monitor it closely over the coming months and we welcome everyone’s feedback.”
For the latest information about the gym, visit www.fenland.gov.uk/mobilegym, call 01354 654321 or text ‘purple’ to 88882.