FENLANDER: Children win free session at council leisure centre for ‘sorting the right stuff’
THESE children got it sorted – and the reward for each of them is a free session at one of Fenland District Council’s three leisure centres.
They are among 26 children who won the prize after taking part in FDC’s “Sort The Right Stuff” game at two recent fun days at Community House and the Oasis Centre in Wisbech.
“Sort The Right Stuff” involves sorting various different waste items into three miniature bins representing the three full-size green, blue and brown bins.
Players get the chance to go into a prize draw to win a leisure voucher that can be used at the leisure centres for a soft play session, exercise class, introductory gym session or swim and sauna/steam.
There will be another chance for anyone to win on Monday at Wisbech Christmas Market, when the game will be staged at the CrimeBUSter bus from 10am-3pm.
Councillor Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder for the environment, said: “It’s important that all your waste goes in the right bins. Sorting your waste and recycling is easy when you get into the habit, and this game makes it fun.
“We hope the winners enjoy their prizes - and maybe it will be start of some new exercise habits, too.”
- 1 Man suffers injuries after A142 morning crash
- 2 £14.6m school transformation complete after two-year project
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 5 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 6 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 7 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 8 Wife pays tribute to ex-footballer who 'I could always rely on'
- 9 Jury challenged to consider 'substantial body of evidence' pointing to Rikki's killer
- 10 Jail for man who threatened to kill former girlfriend