FENLANDER: Companies offered chance to provide snacks at Four Seasons events
CATERERS hungry for success are being given the chance to boost their businesses by providing food and drink at Fenland “Four Seasons” events over the next three years.
Fenland District Council is inviting companies with experience of providing all sorts of refreshments, including burgers, doughnuts, ice cream and hot drinks, to write to it expressing an interest by August 31. All those who get in touch will then be sent a formal “Invitation to Tender”.
The annual “Four Seasons” events are March’s St George’s Fayre in April, the Chatteris Historic festival in June, the Whittlesey festival in September and the Wisbech Christmas Market in December.
Each one attracts thousands of people into the four market towns. Possible food and drink concessions range from beer tents to burgers and from pancakes to paella.
Three-year contracts for them, to run from December 2010 to December 2013, will be going out for tender.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for special events, said: ”These concessions could be a big money-spinner for the successful applicants. They offer a great opportunity for small businesses to expand, as well as contributing to the overall prosperity of our market towns by pulling in even bigger crowds.”
To register an interest, write to Shaun Beales at Fenland District Council, 11 Melbourne Avenue, March, Cambridgeshire, PE15 0EN or e-mail email@example.com. Telephone inquiries to him on 01354 654321.
- 1 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 2 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 5 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 8 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash