FENLANDER: Consortium launched to run Fenland’s pest control and stray dog services
A LITTLE dog called Betty stole the show when Councillor Peter Murphy got together for a photoshoot with members of the new consortium of businesses that is taking over Fenland District Council’s pest control, stray dog and kennelling services.
Cllr Murphy is pictured with Mark Elston of Elston Environmental Services, Caroline Trigg of Ravenwood Pet Rescue and Mark Rotchell of Teejaycey Kennels – but all eyes were on Betty, a stray who turned up at Ms Trigg’s two-and-a-half years ago and has stayed with her ever since.
The three companies will be working together to provide the services. The contract will be under the overall management of Elston Environmental Services.
Cllr Murphy said: “We’re pleased to have signed this important new contract which will bring the three services closer together and help us to provide the most efficient service across the district.”
Anyone who wishes to report a stray dog should call FDC on 01354 654321.
You may also want to watch:
Customers who require pest control services can contact Elston Environmental directly on 0800 046 7644 or call FDC on 01354 654321.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 9 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions