FENLANDER: Council produces information pack offering practical advice to landlords
A NEW information pack giving practical advice to landlords has been produced by Fenland District Council.
Landlords and agents highlighted their need for more help and support at the housing workshop held last September as part of the Wisbech 2020 Vision project.
The Landlord Information Pack explains how landlords can benefit from the council’s Deposit Scheme, which can give a landlord support and a financial incentive to create sustainable tenancies.
It gives details of landlords’ responsibilities and advice on what they should do if something goes wrong or if any problems arise with their tenants - for example, when dealing with rent arrears.
It also provides a series of best practice templates. These include a rent card, inventory, Section 21 Notice Requiring Possession, Section 8 Notice Seeking Possession and an assured shorthold tenancy agreement.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Kit Owen, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for housing, said: “We are very keen to encourage good practice in lettings and tenancy management across Fenland.
“Landlords have made it clear that they would welcome more support and this pack provides detailed information on all the main issues that they have to deal with. We hope they’ll also feel free to contact our housing options team if they need any help.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 5 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 6 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
The pack is available online at www.fenland.gov.uk/landlordpack. There is a link to the council’s Private Sector Housing page, which gives more information on issues relating to all rented accommodation, including Houses in Multiple Occupation (HMOs).
Landlords who need further help or advice can call FDC’s housing options team on 01354 654321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com