FENLANDER: Council recruiting management team for Chatteris’ new leisure suite
PROFESSIONAL people are being sought to help run the new �1.1million leisure suite that is being built in Chatteris on the Cromwell Community College site. It is part of a joint project financed by Fenland District Council and Chatteris Town Council.
They are wanted to form part of the management board that will oversee the facility, which will feature a 50-station, state-of-the-art gym and dance studio and is expected to open in autumn 2012.
Individuals with business experience are needed to bring financial, legal, marketing or commercial expertise to the board. Leisure professionals who have been involved in running similar facilities are also wanted.
Councillor Steve Garratt, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder responsible for leisure, said: “We want local people to be fully involved in the way this leisure suite is run. By contributing their professional skills in this way, individuals will be able to make a real difference to the life of the whole community.”
Councillor Peter Murphy, the Mayor of Chatteris, said: “This new facility will be another big step forward in providing leisure facilities for our town. By giving us the benefit of their experience, local professionals can play a significant part in ensuring its success.”
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who would like to find out more about what is involved should e-mail Phil Hughes, FDC’s head of leisure services, on email@example.com
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told