FENLANDER: E-asier way to claim benefits as council launches online claim and calculator service
ARE you put off claiming Housing Benefit or Council Tax Benefit because you can’t face the paperwork or you find it too complicated? Does it all feel too much like hard work?
Think again. Take advantage of the new online service that was launched this week by Fenland District Council.
The easy-to-use Online Benefit Claim and Calculator service provides:
• A calculator providing an accurate indication of how much you could be entitled to if you pay rent or Council Tax.
• A benefit claim form.
You may also want to watch:
• Information on whether you could be entitled to other benefits such as Pension Credit or Tax Credits.
• An ‘evidence checklist’ telling you what extra evidence or information is needed to complete your claim.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Town rallies in fight for new hospital
- 6 Did you go to Newmarket Nights? Spot yourself in our gallery
- 7 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 8 Alleged paedophile released on bail
- 9 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 10 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
To use the service, go to www.fenland.gov.uk
Internet access is also available in FDC’s four Fenland @ your service shops. The council’s customer service advisors will be happy to help you.
Councillor Kit Owen, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for benefits, said: “We know there are people who are fully entitled to certain benefits but who for various reasons don’t claim them. This will help them get what they deserve.”