FENLANDER: Events to attract new helpers for National Volunteers Week
A SERIES of events are being held during next week’s National Volunteers Week to help charities and other organisations attract new helpers.
On Monday staff from the Fenland Volunteer Centre will be in Chatteris Library (10.30am-noon) and Whittlesey Library (1.30-3pm).
On Tuesday many organisations will be represented on a special Volunteers Week Tour Bus that will be parked in Sainsbury’s car park in Mill View, March (10am-4.30pm).
And on Wednesday Peckover House in Wisbech will be the venue for a third drop-in session (10-11.45am).
Annette Houghton, Fenland Volunteer Centre manager, said: “People will be able to find out about all sorts of ways in which they can help others. But volunteering is also a great way of gaining new skills and boosting your confidence and job prospects. So we’re looking forward to seeing lots of new faces in each place during the week.”
• Any organisation that would like to promote their work and volunteering opportunities on any of the three days should call Annette or Tina on 01945 582192 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 3 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 6 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Dental practice plan move to industrial park
- 9 Woman in court over town pub burglary
- 10 When are Royal Mail's last posting dates for Christmas 2021?