FENLANDER: Events to attract new helpers for National Volunteers Week
A SERIES of events are being held during next week’s National Volunteers Week to help charities and other organisations attract new helpers.
On Monday staff from the Fenland Volunteer Centre will be in Chatteris Library (10.30am-noon) and Whittlesey Library (1.30-3pm).
On Tuesday many organisations will be represented on a special Volunteers Week Tour Bus that will be parked in Sainsbury’s car park in Mill View, March (10am-4.30pm).
And on Wednesday Peckover House in Wisbech will be the venue for a third drop-in session (10-11.45am).
Annette Houghton, Fenland Volunteer Centre manager, said: “People will be able to find out about all sorts of ways in which they can help others. But volunteering is also a great way of gaining new skills and boosting your confidence and job prospects. So we’re looking forward to seeing lots of new faces in each place during the week.”
You may also want to watch:
• Any organisation that would like to promote their work and volunteering opportunities on any of the three days should call Annette or Tina on 01945 582192 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 4 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 5 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 9 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl