FENLANDER: Extra help on offer to Fenland’s sports clubs
- Credit: Archant
SPORTS clubs in Fenland are being offered extra support to help them build on the legacy of the London Olympic and Paralympic Games.
Fenland District Council’s sports development team is urging clubs to get in touch and provide their up-to-date contact details so that it can help them grow.
One way in which they would like to help is by offering support to clubs to lay on more activities, with the aim of attracting new members in both their junior and adult sections.
It is also keen to assist by making them aware of any new funding that becomes available, as well as any new coaching, development and administration courses that are on offer.
Other practical help includes providing posters and leaflets that clubs can use to advertise their activities. Where possible, the team’s coaches are also happy to mentor existing club coaches to assist their development.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Steve Garratt, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for sports development, said: “Everyone was absolutely bowled over by the Olympics and Paralympics and by the achievements of local stars like Louis Smith and Jonnie Peacock. Now we want to do all we can to inspire the next generation.
“Our aim is not only to help develop your club but also to help the wider community. Aside from all its obvious benefits in terms of people’s health and fitness, sport is a fantastic way of bringing people together. That’s what we want to encourage.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 6 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 7 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 10 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
“So please get in touch with our sports development team if you think they can help in any way.”
For more information, call the sports development team on 01354 654321, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.fenland.gov.uk/leisure