FENLANDER: Festive message from Cllr Ralph Butcher, chairman of Fenland District Council
I WOULD like to send everyone in Fenland special greetings and good wishes for a very Happy Christmas.
Since becoming FDC’s Chairman in May last year I have really settled into the role and enjoy the tremendous support and encouragement that I receive.
This year I have had the privilege of hosting a number of very successful events, including the Armed Forces Day and Veterans Badge Presentation event on July 2 and the Macmillan Coffee Morning in September, which raised �816.35 in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Other highlights for me have been attending the 2010 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards in October and the Remembrance Day Parades in March and Whittlesey, both very poignant ceremonies which I was very proud to take part in.
My own Christmas celebrations began earlier this month with attendance at various carol concerts and the annual Fenland Carol Concert at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, two weeks ago. The collection there raised �248, which will go to one of the charities the church supports.
You may also want to watch:
I wish each and everyone in Fenland best wishes for a Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 5 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 9 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s