FENLANDER: Festive message from Cllr Ralph Butcher, chairman of Fenland District Council
I WOULD like to send everyone in Fenland special greetings and good wishes for a very Happy Christmas.
Since becoming FDC’s Chairman in May last year I have really settled into the role and enjoy the tremendous support and encouragement that I receive.
This year I have had the privilege of hosting a number of very successful events, including the Armed Forces Day and Veterans Badge Presentation event on July 2 and the Macmillan Coffee Morning in September, which raised �816.35 in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Other highlights for me have been attending the 2010 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards in October and the Remembrance Day Parades in March and Whittlesey, both very poignant ceremonies which I was very proud to take part in.
My own Christmas celebrations began earlier this month with attendance at various carol concerts and the annual Fenland Carol Concert at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, two weeks ago. The collection there raised �248, which will go to one of the charities the church supports.
You may also want to watch:
I wish each and everyone in Fenland best wishes for a Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell