FENLANDER: Festive message from Cllr Ralph Butcher, chairman of Fenland District Council
I WOULD like to send everyone in Fenland special greetings and good wishes for a very Happy Christmas.
Since becoming FDC’s Chairman in May last year I have really settled into the role and enjoy the tremendous support and encouragement that I receive.
This year I have had the privilege of hosting a number of very successful events, including the Armed Forces Day and Veterans Badge Presentation event on July 2 and the Macmillan Coffee Morning in September, which raised �816.35 in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support.
Other highlights for me have been attending the 2010 Fenland Enterprise Business Awards in October and the Remembrance Day Parades in March and Whittlesey, both very poignant ceremonies which I was very proud to take part in.
My own Christmas celebrations began earlier this month with attendance at various carol concerts and the annual Fenland Carol Concert at St Peter and St Paul’s Church, Wisbech, two weeks ago. The collection there raised �248, which will go to one of the charities the church supports.
I wish each and everyone in Fenland best wishes for a Happy Christmas and a healthy and prosperous New Year.
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Serial shoplifter challenged by security staff is jailed
- 5 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 6 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 7 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 8 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 9 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 10 Cambridgeshire pub destroyed by fire overnight