FENLANDER: Four hosts still needed for German guests visiting next month
FOUR more hosts are needed to put out the welcome mat for some German guests who will be visiting Fenland in July.
They are part of a group of about 50 who are coming over from Nettetal, one of Fenland District Council’s twin towns, from Thursday July 14 until Monday July 18.
Most of the party already have homestay accommodation arranged but hosts are still needed for one couple and three mothers who are coming with their sons and daughters. They will be arriving on the Thursday evening and leaving early on Monday morning.
The trip has been organised by FDC and the Fenland Twinning Association (FTA).
The visit will include a welcoming reception on July 14 and two days out - a Mississippi Riverboat trip on the Norfolk Broads on July 15, on which the FTA will have sole use of the boat and an open bar, and another outing on July 17 which includes a traditional Sunday lunch, followed by a visit to the original Wisbech Castle.
There will also be a dinner dance for the guests and their hosts at Wisbech St Mary community centre on July 16.
• If you are able to open up your home and give our visitors a warm Fenland welcome, please call Sharon Smith on 01354 622281 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'