FENLANDER: Four hosts still needed for German guests visiting next month
FOUR more hosts are needed to put out the welcome mat for some German guests who will be visiting Fenland in July.
They are part of a group of about 50 who are coming over from Nettetal, one of Fenland District Council’s twin towns, from Thursday July 14 until Monday July 18.
Most of the party already have homestay accommodation arranged but hosts are still needed for one couple and three mothers who are coming with their sons and daughters. They will be arriving on the Thursday evening and leaving early on Monday morning.
The trip has been organised by FDC and the Fenland Twinning Association (FTA).
The visit will include a welcoming reception on July 14 and two days out - a Mississippi Riverboat trip on the Norfolk Broads on July 15, on which the FTA will have sole use of the boat and an open bar, and another outing on July 17 which includes a traditional Sunday lunch, followed by a visit to the original Wisbech Castle.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be a dinner dance for the guests and their hosts at Wisbech St Mary community centre on July 16.
• If you are able to open up your home and give our visitors a warm Fenland welcome, please call Sharon Smith on 01354 622281 or email email@example.com
- 1 Man, aged in his 40s, dies after suspected drug-fuelled B1101 crash
- 2 Floral tributes laid for ‘amazing brother’ killed in B1101 Elm Road crash
- 3 Updates as emergency services rush to major crash blocking B1101
- 4 Covid ban on collecting CCTV says police after cycle theft
- 5 Vaccine centre closure date announced amid 60,000 doses target
- 6 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 7 Hancock admits QEH 'in serious need of improvement' but makes no promises
- 8 Serious crash blocks main road into Fen town
- 9 Chatteris drug dealers handed community orders
- 10 Man jailed for sexual relationship with schoolgirl