FENLANDER: Free help to be your own boss at series of drop-in days
FANCY being your own boss? Got a great idea for a new business? Here’s your chance to get on the right path.
Expert business advisors will be on hand to discuss budding entrepreneurs’ ideas and needs at a series of “drop-in” days being held at all four Fenland@your service shops next month – and their tips will cost you nothing.
The programme has been organised by Fenland District Council and Norfolk and Waveney Enterprise Services (NWES) as part of National Enterprise Week, which starts on November 15.
Individuals attending who qualify will be offered further help from a range of NWES’s funded programmes. Wherever possible, others will be directed towards alternative organisations.
The sessions are targeted particularly but not exclusively at people who are currently unemployed. They will be informal and designed to appeal to people who have given some thought to self-employment but never taken any practical steps towards it.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Chris Seaton, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for business development, said: “Fenland needs new start-up businesses of all sorts and there is a lot of scope for people with drive and determination. But you need more than a good idea – you have to have the know-how, too.
“We’ve organised these sessions with NWES to give people the sort of expert information they require and point them in the right directions to get more help. I hope lots of people will go along to take advantage of them.”
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 4 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named
The drop-in days are being held from 10am-4pm at the Fenland@your service shops in Whittlesey on November 15, Wisbech on November 16, March on November 17 and Chatteris on November 18.