FENLANDER: Free help to be your own boss at series of drop-in days
FANCY being your own boss? Got a great idea for a new business? Here’s your chance to get on the right path.
Expert business advisors will be on hand to discuss budding entrepreneurs’ ideas and needs at a series of “drop-in” days being held at all four Fenland@your service shops next month – and their tips will cost you nothing.
The programme has been organised by Fenland District Council and Norfolk and Waveney Enterprise Services (NWES) as part of National Enterprise Week, which starts on November 15.
Individuals attending who qualify will be offered further help from a range of NWES’s funded programmes. Wherever possible, others will be directed towards alternative organisations.
The sessions are targeted particularly but not exclusively at people who are currently unemployed. They will be informal and designed to appeal to people who have given some thought to self-employment but never taken any practical steps towards it.
Councillor Chris Seaton, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for business development, said: “Fenland needs new start-up businesses of all sorts and there is a lot of scope for people with drive and determination. But you need more than a good idea – you have to have the know-how, too.
“We’ve organised these sessions with NWES to give people the sort of expert information they require and point them in the right directions to get more help. I hope lots of people will go along to take advantage of them.”
- 1 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 2 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 3 Cambridgeshire individual diagnosed with Covid-19 Omicron variant
- 4 Four charged with modern slavery crimes on one woman
- 5 Dental practice plan move to business park
- 6 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 7 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens
- 8 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 9 Tributes paid to 'beloved husband' killed crossing road
- 10 Man who died in St Neots crash is named
The drop-in days are being held from 10am-4pm at the Fenland@your service shops in Whittlesey on November 15, Wisbech on November 16, March on November 17 and Chatteris on November 18.