FENLANDER: Fun day for all the family at Young People March for half term
TEAM sports, jamming sessions, street dance and skating demonstrations will be among the highlights of a big fun day for all the family being held at Young People March’s centre next Tuesday (10am-4pm).
Sporting workshops will be held throughout the day in West End Park, with music, arts and crafts and other activities and stalls going on inside the centre and in the City Road car park.
The organisers – Fenland District Council, Fenland Arts Association and Cambridgeshire County Council – are hoping to repeat the success of last year’s Youth Fair, held at the Manor Leisure Centre in Whittlesey, which attracted more than 300 young people.
The event is one of a number being laid on for children and young people during the half-term holiday. Others will focus on special Halloween activities, including sessions at the village halls in Walsoken (Tuesday, 11.30am-1.30pm), Parson Drove (Wednesday, 10am-noon) and Manea (Wednesday, 1.30-3.30pm) and at Community House in Wisbech (Thursday, 11am-1pm).
There is also a “Safe’n’Sound” activity day at Wisbech St Mary community centre on Wednesday (1-3pm).
You may also want to watch:
All are free but children must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, call Jean Moden at Fenland District Council on 01354 654321.
- 1 Residents told 'not to approach' illegal encampment
- 2 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 3 March Town mark long-awaited step five return with opening day defeat
- 4 Abandoned mooring could cost £50,000 to replace, says council
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Blush crowned best bridal shop in Cambs
- 7 Drug dealer hid £130,000 at home
- 8 Teenager, 16, threatened young couple with screwdriver in park
- 9 30,000 watch Facebook confrontation of alleged paedophile
- 10 Lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named