FENLANDER: Fun day for all the family at Young People March for half term
TEAM sports, jamming sessions, street dance and skating demonstrations will be among the highlights of a big fun day for all the family being held at Young People March’s centre next Tuesday (10am-4pm).
Sporting workshops will be held throughout the day in West End Park, with music, arts and crafts and other activities and stalls going on inside the centre and in the City Road car park.
The organisers – Fenland District Council, Fenland Arts Association and Cambridgeshire County Council – are hoping to repeat the success of last year’s Youth Fair, held at the Manor Leisure Centre in Whittlesey, which attracted more than 300 young people.
The event is one of a number being laid on for children and young people during the half-term holiday. Others will focus on special Halloween activities, including sessions at the village halls in Walsoken (Tuesday, 11.30am-1.30pm), Parson Drove (Wednesday, 10am-noon) and Manea (Wednesday, 1.30-3.30pm) and at Community House in Wisbech (Thursday, 11am-1pm).
There is also a “Safe’n’Sound” activity day at Wisbech St Mary community centre on Wednesday (1-3pm).
You may also want to watch:
All are free but children must be accompanied by an adult. For more information, call Jean Moden at Fenland District Council on 01354 654321.
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 3 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like