FENLANDER: Funding fair offers voluntary groups the chance to get more funding...
VOLUNTARY and community organisations can boost their chances of gaining some extra cash by attending the Fenland Funding Fair next week.
They will have the opportunity to meet face-to-face with various funding organisations to find out what sort of grants are available and get help on how to submit applications.
The fair is being held at the Oliver Cromwell Hotel, in March, next Thursday (September 20) from 10.30am-3.30pm. Attendance is by appointment only and is limited to CCVS members but joining is easy and free for groups with an income of less than �5,000.
It has been organised by the Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service (CCVS) and funded by Fenland District Council. There are six funding organisations taking part: Big Lottery Fund, Lloyds TSB Foundation, Fenland District Council, Heritage Lottery Fund, Cambridgeshire Community Foundation and the Esmee Fairbairn Foundation.
A half-day training course specifically on writing good funding applications will also take place on the day (9.30am-12.30pm). Lunch will be provided for course delegates who want to attend the fair in the afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
• For full details about the fair and CCVS membership, call 01223 464696 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car