FENLANDER: Governors of Alderman Payne School pay tribute to Cllr Robert Scrimshaw
- Credit: Archant
GOVERNORS at the Alderman Payne primary school in Parson Drove have added their voices to the tributes to Councillor Robert Scrimshaw, who has died aged 56.
Pat Wayland, chair of the governors, said: “Councillor Scrimshaw was a very supportive governor here for nearly three years, since 2010. He worked very closely with all our governors throughout that time.
“He was also very active with Street Pride and worked with our site manager to help us win one of their awards. We will miss him.”
Fellow Fenland District Councillor Gavin Booth, chairman of Parson Drove Parish Council, also expressed his deep sadness.
He said: “The district has lost a dedicated and conscientious servant. Although Robert and I were from different political parties, it did not feature when it involved working for Parson Drove and Wisbech St Mary.
You may also want to watch:
“We worked closely over the years on the district council, Parson Drove Parish Council and numerous community groups. He will be greatly missed by those who knew him.”
Cllr Scrimshaw’s funeral is being held at Emmanuel church, Parson Drove, today at 2pm, followed by refreshments in the village hall.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
His wishes were for any donations to go towards the maintenance of the church pathway. Cheques should be made out to Southea Church Parochial Church Council.