FENLANDER: Grant money still available to restore shopfronts
THERE is still some grant money available to help shop owners give their premises a smart new look.
Grants are available specifically to restore or replace traditional historic shopfronts in keeping with their original character or to replace modern ones in a modern style. They form part of the council’s Fenland Renaissance programme.
Only small, independent businesses are eligible.
Anyone can apply who owns a building or is a tenant with a maintenance agreement. The grants will be for up to 50 per cent of the cost of the work and subject to officer’s assessment, with a maximum of �5,000.
Three shops have so far taken advantage of the scheme – two in Chatteris and one in March.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to apply should call Martyn Kendall, FDC’s conservation officer, on 01354 654321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 2 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s
- 3 Two boys, aged 12 and 14, arrested after 3am service station burglary
- 4 Pervert filmed himself having sex with girl, 14, and then shared video online
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 Prison sentence for man who brutally attacked his partner
- 7 Epic escape fail for ‘armed thieves’ who crashed car into ditch
- 8 iPads and laptops stolen in school break-in
- 9 Stabbing victim a 'fun loving guy who enjoyed life to the full'
- 10 Villagers 'clap for Dr Nik' to celebrate mayoralty victory