FENLANDER: Grant money still available to restore shopfronts
THERE is still some grant money available to help shop owners give their premises a smart new look.
Grants are available specifically to restore or replace traditional historic shopfronts in keeping with their original character or to replace modern ones in a modern style. They form part of the council’s Fenland Renaissance programme.
Only small, independent businesses are eligible.
Anyone can apply who owns a building or is a tenant with a maintenance agreement. The grants will be for up to 50 per cent of the cost of the work and subject to officer’s assessment, with a maximum of �5,000.
Three shops have so far taken advantage of the scheme – two in Chatteris and one in March.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone wishing to apply should call Martyn Kendall, FDC’s conservation officer, on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 2 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 3 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 6 Hospitals temporarily reintroduce restrictions for visitors
- 7 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police