FENLANDER: Grant money still available to restore shopfronts
THERE is still some grant money available to help shop owners give their premises a smart new look.
Grants are available specifically to restore or replace traditional historic shopfronts in keeping with their original character or to replace modern ones in a modern style. They form part of the council’s Fenland Renaissance programme.
Only small, independent businesses are eligible.
Anyone can apply who owns a building or is a tenant with a maintenance agreement. The grants will be for up to 50 per cent of the cost of the work and subject to officer’s assessment, with a maximum of �5,000.
Three shops have so far taken advantage of the scheme – two in Chatteris and one in March.
Anyone wishing to apply should call Martyn Kendall, FDC’s conservation officer, on 01354 654321 or e-mail email@example.com
- 1 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 2 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 3 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
- 4 Live music, over 100 stalls and fair rides as Christmas market returns
- 5 Staff threatened with sledgehammer in armed robbery at St Neots jewellers
- 6 Owner left excited as town's 'heirloom' features on I'm A Celebrity trial
- 7 Thief will spend Christmas in prison after breaching court order
- 8 Drug dealers operating the ‘Marlo’ and ‘Star’ lines have been jailed
- 9 Rail passengers urged to plan ahead of vital junction rebuild
- 10 One arrest and cars seized on busy day for cops