FENLANDER: Groups call for support in bid to secure British Gas funding
GROUPS from three Fenland communities are urgently seeking support for their efforts to win some funds to spend on their projects on renewable energy and improving local residents’ energy efficiency.
The groups are Parson Drove Green Community, Gorefield Goes Green and The Secret Garden, a community group in the Waterlees area of Wisbech. They are seeking to gain a share of �500,000 that is up for grabs from British Gas.
They want local people to back their bids by registering their support on the groups’ individual pages on the British Gas Energy Share website, www.energyshare.com. But supporters will have to hurry - they have only until June 30 to sign up.
The Parson Drove group says the village has several communal buildings that could be made more energy efficient; it is also keen to promote car sharing and says extra funds could enable it to embark on some larger projects.
Gorefield Goes Green is seeking to replace the old pavilion on the village’s playing field with a new, energy-efficient one built from sustainable materials.
The Secret Garden members’ aims include inspiring residents to adopt energy-saving measures that will cut fuel consumption and combat fuel poverty.
To support them, visit www.energyshare.com and enter your postcode. This will bring up all three names. Choose one and click on the red “support this group” button.
- 1 Developer claims 109-home estate would be 'wholly appropriate'
- 2 WATCH: Extinction Rebellion block Amazon warehouse
- 3 Convenience store transformed thanks to £116k facelift
- 4 Prison for 'lavish lifestyle' drug dealer who hid £18k cash in sock drawer
- 5 Motorcyclist, 32, injured after A605 crash
- 6 Santa's magical, mystery arrival in the Fens on a tractor
- 7 How do Cambridgeshire Fens' Covid cases compare to November 2020 lockdown?
- 8 Police shut off A605 after 'single vehicle' crash
- 9 Best Indian in CAMBRIDGESHIRE even though award says best in NORFOLK
- 10 Crash on A141 caused by 'medical issue'