FENLANDER: Help on offer for those with memory loss
SUPPORT and information is on offer for people with memory problems and their carers at sessions being organised by the Alzheimer’s Society in three villages over the next few weeks.
The society is providing Dementia Information Points targeting rural villages in Fenland to increase the amount of help available to people who live in areas where services are limited.
The service will be visiting the Community Centre in Tydd St Giles today from 10am-noon.
It will also be at St Mark’s Methodist Church in Parson Drove next Friday (November 23) and at the Sports and Community Centre in Wisbech St Mary on December 7, also 10am-noon.
Regular Dementia Information Points are also held at libraries in Wisbech, Whittlesey, March and Chatteris.
You may also want to watch:
They give people a chance to talk with others who may be in a similar situation as well as practical support and information on all aspects of dementia, including the services that the Alzheimer’s Society provides locally.
For more details, call the Alzheimer’s Society on 01945 580460.
- 1 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 2 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 8 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 9 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 10 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester