Fenlander: Here come the reindeer…
It’s not just Santa who’ll be putting in an appearance at the Wisbech Christmas Market this year – his reindeer will be coming along, too.
It is the first time the market will feature real reindeer and they’re certain to be a big draw for the thousands who pour into the town for one of Fenland’s most popular annual events.
Sponsored for the day by the Horsefair shopping centre, they are coming from Melsop Farm Park, near Norwich, and will be on show in Museum Square. Santa and his sleigh will be nearby in the Horsefair itself.
The market takes place on Monday, December 17. It is one of the Four Seasons events organised by Fenland District Council in partnership with town councils and local community groups
Other new attractions this year include street entertainers Phillippe-Philloppe, who were a big hit at the Whittlesey festival in September.
You may also want to watch:
There will also be lots of other singers and performers, including Pedro the Clown, the Foolhardy Folk photography team and the Victorian Strollers.
The market will also feature a crafts market in St Peter’s church hall, a continental market in the Crescent, a Dickensian exhibition in the museum and a Christmas tableau in the Baptist church in Hill Street.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
It will be opened by the Mayor of Wisbech at 10.30am. There will be free park and ride all day, with free parking provided by kind permission of Elme Hall Hotel.
There are still a few spaces left for people keen to book a stall at the event. Contact FDC’s markets and events team on 01354 654321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by December 7.