FENLANDER: Improved moorings opened at Manor Fields, Whittlesey, will help boost tourism
IMPROVED moorings at Manor Fields in Whittlesey will help to boost Fenland’s economy by attracting more tourists to the area, it was claimed last week.
Speaking at the official opening of the refurbished facilities last Thursday, Councillor Peter Murphy, Fenland District Council’s portfolio holder responsible for the environment, said: “Our Fenland waterways play a key role in attracting more tourists, something that’s essential for our future economic development, and these moorings will help with that.
“They provide a peaceful place, close to the town centre, where boaters are able to stay for a short period of time and enjoy exploring everything that Whittlesey has to offer.
“These improved facilities form part of our continued development of open spaces throughout the district.”
The project has been jointly funded by FDC and Fox Narrowboats.
You may also want to watch:
• Fox Narrowboats offers a wide range of boating holidays. For details, visit www.foxboats.co.uk
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache