FENLANDER: Learn how boasting can do you good at free course
HOW to boast about what you do best and how that can win you some extra funding: that’s the useful lesson that voluntary groups can learn from a free course being held by the Cambridge Council for Voluntary Service (CCVS) at March Town Hall next Thursday (September 15).
It will focus on enabling groups to monitor the effectiveness of their work and use the information to improve their services and attract more financial support.
More advice will be available at a separate session on the same day, when groups can take advantage of individually tailored, one-to-one meetings with the CCVS’s Yvonne Barr, an experienced development worker.
She will be putting particular emphasis on how to run a group most efficiently and where to find funds. She will have access to Grantfinder, an online database of national funders, and also has information about smaller, local funders.
Both the course and the one-to-one sessions will run from 10am to 3pm. They are free to voluntary and community groups and charities in Fenland. Advance booking is recommended but groups can also just turn up on the day.
You may also want to watch:
For more details, call CCVS on 01223 464696 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told