FENLANDER: Love in the air at Valentine’s Day event at Wisbech Community House
FAMILIES from the Waterlees ward in Wisbech got right to the heart of the matter at a special Valentine’s Day event at Community House.
It saw 22 children and parents making Valentine’s cards, love bugs and keepsake boxes and joining in various other craft activities.
The event was led by Community House team member Jayde Thompson-Watkinson, who said: “A great time was had by all, with all the parents left begging for more of these sort of events in the future. It also gave us the chance to promote the many services delivered here by ourselves and other partners.”
• Support and advice will be available at Community House once a week throughout next month for anyone wanting to give up smoking, eat more healthily, drink less or exercise more.
Personal health trainer Helen Denny, from Mytime Health, will be there from 2-4pm every Tuesday during March. Personal “MOT checks”, including monitoring weight and blood pressure, will also be on offer.
You may also want to watch:
For more details, call Fiona Poignand on 0777 5532285 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home