FENLANDER: Manea teenagers get their say about village activities
TEENAGERS in Manea were given the opportunity last week to say what sort of activities they would like to see organised in the village in the future.
Sixteen youngsters aged 14-18 aired their views at an event held in the CrimeBUSter, which was parked for the evening by the skate park on the village playing field.
They said they would welcome more sporting activities and more music sessions.
The evening included a DJ workshop at which they had the chance to try their hand at some mixing. Free hot food was provided.
The group was encouraged to make more use of the Youth Bus, which is being piloted in Manea to give young people the chance to go on trips of their own choice outside the village.
You may also want to watch:
The event was organised by Fenland District Council’s community support team, which is currently reviewing the provision of facilities and activities for young people, particularly teenagers.
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 6 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 7 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 8 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 9 St Neots murder to feature in 24 Hours in Police Custody
- 10 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire