FENLANDER: Mobile office comes to Fenland to reach out to jobseekers
EXTRA help is being laid on for people looking for work throughout Fenland.
A mobile office staffed by specialist advisers will be making regular visits to Chatteris, March and Whittlesey over the next four months.
The initiative comes from Jobcentre Plus in partnership with Fenland District Council. It is designed to provide an outreach service to communities that don’t have easy access to a Jobcentre Plus office.
The mobile office will be in the three towns on the following dates, from 10am to 2.30pm:
• Chatteris (Furrowfields car park): July 15 and 29; August 12 and 26; September 9 and 23; and October 21 (all Thursdays)
You may also want to watch:
• March (Market Square): July 16; August 6 and 20; September 3 and 17; October 1 and 15 (Fridays)
• Whittlesey (by the Buttercross monument): July 22; August 5 and 19; September 16; October 14 and 28 (Thursdays)
- 1 All roads reopened after gas leaks cause day of disruption
- 2 Homes evacuated as FOUR gas leaks disrupt March
- 3 Driver escapes injury after A14 lorry fire
- 4 Hauliers face Covid and Brexit HGV driver shortage
- 5 20 travelling families park illegally at rugby club
- 6 Police disrupt drug dealer's 'oven ready' cannabis stash
- 7 Family farmers win court case against oat milk giants
- 8 White van driver sought after Passat overturns
- 9 Hooded man exposes himself to two women
- 10 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
Councillor Chris Seaton, portfolio holder responsible for economic development, said: “This joint scheme underlines our commitment to helping people to find work and boosting business.
“Anyone can call in to the office for an informal chat with one of the specialist advisers. They’ll be able to point people in the direction of help that is available, such as financial assistance towards the cost of childcare, training and information on in-work benefits.
“Employers who need help with recruiting staff or handling any redundancies will also be able to get advice about the services that Jobcentre Plus can provide.”