FENLANDER: Mobile office comes to Fenland to reach out to jobseekers
EXTRA help is being laid on for people looking for work throughout Fenland.
A mobile office staffed by specialist advisers will be making regular visits to Chatteris, March and Whittlesey over the next four months.
The initiative comes from Jobcentre Plus in partnership with Fenland District Council. It is designed to provide an outreach service to communities that don’t have easy access to a Jobcentre Plus office.
The mobile office will be in the three towns on the following dates, from 10am to 2.30pm:
• Chatteris (Furrowfields car park): July 15 and 29; August 12 and 26; September 9 and 23; and October 21 (all Thursdays)
• March (Market Square): July 16; August 6 and 20; September 3 and 17; October 1 and 15 (Fridays)
• Whittlesey (by the Buttercross monument): July 22; August 5 and 19; September 16; October 14 and 28 (Thursdays)
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 5 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 6 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 7 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show
Councillor Chris Seaton, portfolio holder responsible for economic development, said: “This joint scheme underlines our commitment to helping people to find work and boosting business.
“Anyone can call in to the office for an informal chat with one of the specialist advisers. They’ll be able to point people in the direction of help that is available, such as financial assistance towards the cost of childcare, training and information on in-work benefits.
“Employers who need help with recruiting staff or handling any redundancies will also be able to get advice about the services that Jobcentre Plus can provide.”