FENLANDER: More than 50 food businesses receive five-star rating in council scheme
MORE than 50 Fenland food businesses were presented with awards after gaining top, five-star ratings in Fenland District Council’s “Scores on the Doors” food safety scheme.
Two sets of awards, Elite and Gold, were handed out at a ceremony at Fenland Hall in March. The Elite awards went to premises that retained their five-star status two years running. The Gold ones went to businesses that had improved their performance to up their ratings to five stars.
Twenty-eight premises received the Elite award, with another 25 achieving gold.
The scheme encourages food businesses to improve the quality of their food hygiene standards. Businesses are judged on their standards of hygiene, food handling and food temperature control. The structure and cleanliness of the premises are also taken into account.
Hardeep Kang, senior environmental health officer at FDC, said: “We are very proud of our five-star award winners. The managers and owners of these premises are dedicated to all aspects of food safety and anyone using their food business can be certain that every care has been taken to ensure that the food they are eating is safe.”
You may also want to watch:
To view the score given to Fenland’s food businesses, visit the council’s website on www.fenland.gov.uk/food
- 1 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 2 In 2,300 words rainbow alliance set out manifesto for change at Cambridgeshire County Council
- 3 ‘You’re trespassing’ - What happened when we gave Matt Hancock QEH petition
- 4 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 5 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service
- 6 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 7 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 8 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 9 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 10 Here’s what the post-lockdown pub experience will look like