FENLANDER: New ‘all in one’ guide to Fenland transport is launched
A NEW “all in one” guide giving details of all the transport services available in Fenland was launched this week.
The Fenland Transport Directory brings together information about bus and train services, taxi companies, community car schemes, dial-a-ride and NHS Patient transport and includes contact details for all the providers.
The guide, which is free, has been compiled by the Fenland Transport and Access Group (TAG).
Councillor Kit Owen, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for transport and TAG’s chairman, said: “We believe this is the first guide of its kind in Cambridgeshire.
“We want to make it easier for everyone to find out what is available in Fenland. There are so many different services that at the moment it can be very hard for people to know where to go to get the information they need.
You may also want to watch:
“This guide will help anyone who, for example, is without their car for a few days or has difficulties getting to hospital or doctors’ appointments or simply needs to get into town to go shopping.
“This is one simple information point that gathers together all the details they need to find out which service would suit them best.”
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 9 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
The Transport and Access Group includes representatives from Fenland District Council, Cambridgeshire County Council, FACT, NHS Cambridgeshire, Care Network and the Fenland Strategic Partnership.
• The Fenland Transport Directory is available now at the four Fenland@ your service shops in Chatteris, March, Whittlesey and Wisbech, and online on FDC’s website at www.fenland.gov.uk. Copies will also be available soon in local libraries and GP surgeries.