FENLANDER: New hotline to report problems with the upkeep of Fenland’s parks and open spaces
A SPECIAL telephone hotline has been set up to ensure that any problems relating to the upkeep of Fenland’s parks and other open spaces are dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible.
The new number – 01354 650780 – was launched on Tuesday by Fenland District Council and The Landscape Group (TLG), the council’s grounds maintenance contractor.
It means that residents can call the number and report any problem or enquiry direct to TLG, instead of having to go through the council, as has been the case until now.
Councillor Peter Murphy, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for the environment, said: “Putting people in direct contact with TLG will effectively remove the ‘middleman’ and ensure that action to remedy a problem can be taken that much quicker. It will also free up our own team to spend more time focusing on their key tasks.”
Michelle Maybury, TLG’s Operations Director, said: “We’re very pleased with the launch of this hotline. We believe it will lead to a faster response to any enquiries and will further help to improve service delivery across Fenland.
You may also want to watch:
“The launch comes a few short months into The Landscape Group’s new grounds maintenance partnership contract with Fenland District Council and coincides nicely with the start of the grass cutting season.”
- 1 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 4 Commuter chaos as van blaze causes miles of congestion
- 5 Firefighters attempted to resuscitate suspected murder victim
- 6 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 7 Count admits he 'must carry personally' some blame for losses
- 8 Suspected drink lorry driver threw whiskey and wine bottle from cab
- 9 Police forensics team begin search after death of woman in her 70s
- 10 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after death of woman in her 70s