FENLANDER: New skate park in Parson Drove proving a big hit
A NEW �36,000 skate park is proving a big hit with young people in Parson Drove.
It has been built on the village’s playing fields with the help of an �18,655 grant from Fenland District Council’s Rural Capital Fund, topped up with Section 106 money.
The skate park was highlighted as a priority need by the village’s Amenities Group, which submitted the bid to FDC. Many more people are using the site as a direct result of the improvements.
The Rural Capital Fund provides grants to community groups for major projects such as new buildings or play equipment. It is aimed specifically at helping people who live outside the four market towns.
The money must be used for a project’s capital funding rather than revenue. Groups can apply for grants of between �10,000 and �100,000.
You may also want to watch:
• For full details about the fund and help in applying, call Hetty Thornton or Julie Randall in FDC’s community support team or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- 1 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal