FENLANDER NEWS BRIEFING: Electoral registration forms, football fun day and market’s face painter
THE latest news in brief from Fenland District Council.
Look out for your canvass form
HOUSEHOLDERS throughout Fenland are being reminded that they could lose their right to vote in future elections if they fail to complete and return the annual electoral registration forms that they will soon be receiving. Failure to respond could also affect their future credit ratings.
The forms will be delivered to all homes in the district between now and October in the annual canvass carried out by Fenland District Council. Deliveries have started this week. If residents’ details are unchanged, they can respond by telephone or via the internet. Information about this is given at the top of the canvass form.
There are two versions of the Electoral Register - the full one and an edited version. The canvass requires people to choose each year whether they want to “opt out”. This enables them to take their names and addresses off the edited version.
You may also want to watch:
Those who opt out may find this helps to reduce the amount of junk mail they receive. For more information call FDC on 01354 654321 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Get your kicks at football fun day
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 'Great improvement' - village pond gets a makeover
FIVE-A-SIDE football tournaments, a tug-of-war contest and a demonstration by the Fire and Rescue service are just some of the activities on the bill at a Community Football & Fun Day in Wisbech next Friday (August 26), 10am-2pm. It is being held at the Lime Avenue playing field and the garden at Community House.
The event has been arranged by Roddons and Fenland District Council together with the YMCA, Drinksense, Mytime Active, Cambridgeshire Fire and Rescue, Cambridgeshire Police and the Fenland Community Safety Partnership.
Put a brave face on Saturday shop
A FACE painter will be on hand in March Market Place tomorrow (Saturday) as an extra attraction to help keep children amused while their parents shop around. Paintings will cost just �1 per child.