FENLANDER: Online calculator makes it easier to claim benefits
GOOD news for people who pay rent and/or Council Tax and are entitled to some help from the state: it is now easier and quicker than ever to claim Housing or Council Tax benefits.
Fenland District Council’s online calculator will tell you how much you are entitled to claim and whether you are eligible for other benefits such as tax credits or pension credit.
The three easy ways to claim are:
• Online: Go to www.fenland.gov.uk 24 hours a day, seven days a week. Use the benefit calculator and register your claim.
• Shops: Go into one of the four Fenland @ your service shops, where an advisor will help you fill in your claim.
You may also want to watch:
• Phone: Call Fenland District Council on 01354 654321 during normal opening hours. If you qualify for benefits, we will make an appointment to phone you back to make a telephone claim.
- 1 Rings End A141 closed after three vehicle collision
- 2 The Great British Sunday is a rush to the pumps not the piers
- 3 Pictures show cars - including Tesco delivery vans - queued at fuel pumps
- 4 Man arrested after suspected drink or drug-fuelled A141 crash
- 5 Crisis, what crisis? Panic buying at the pumps in Fenland
- 6 Ledger discovery affords a glimpse of Victorian travel
- 7 Car blaze was arson say fire chiefs
- 8 Zero hygiene rating for East Cambs take-away
- 9 Fenmen caught napping as Fenland sides suffer weekend pain
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in A141 crash