FENLANDER: Open workshop will highlight opportunities for volunteering in Fenland
THE countless opportunities that exist for volunteering in Fenland will be highlighted at an open workshop at March Library next Wednesday which runs from 10.30am-1pm.
Organisations that will be looking to promote their work and recruit new helpers include the British Red Cross, Age UK, Action on Elder Abuse and Time Bank March. Information on a wide range of other openings will also be available and free refreshments will be served.
It is one of several events being held to mark national Volunteers’ Week.
There will also be two drop-in sessions at the Rosmini Centre in Wisbech – one on Thursday (10.30am-noon) and a second on Friday (10.30am-1pm) that is specifically designed for migrants. It will include skill checks and help with CVs.
For more details on these and general information about local volunteering, contact Volunteer Centre Fenland on 01945 582192 or visit www.volunteeringcambsandpboro.org.uk
You may also want to watch:
For details about Time Bank March, call 07747 472469.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 5 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 6 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 7 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 8 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 9 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 10 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off