FENLANDER: Over-50s encouraged to “give it a go” at day of free sporting activities in Wisbech
“GIVE it a go”: that’s what people aged over 50 are being invited to do on a free day of sporting activities at the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech next month.
The event, on February 18, has been organised jointly by Fenland District Council’s sports development and Golden Age teams. It is free but people are urged to book in advance because places are limited for each activity.
Activities include New Age Kurling (10-11am), a tea dance (11.30-1pm), indoor bowls (12.30-2.15pm) and swimming and aqua aerobics (2.30-3.30pm).
Basic health checks will also be available.
The “Give it a Go” day for the over-50s is supported by Living Sport and Cambridgeshire Age UK, who will be present giving advice on a wide range of services available for older people.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Steve Garratt, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for health, said: “This is a great chance for people to come along and try something new. Not only are all these activities fun and good for your health, they’re also a chance to meet other like-minded people and make new friends.”
- 1 Man dies following crash on Cambridgeshire road
- 2 Campsite owner's pledge to conserve water meadow
- 3 Couple swap healthcare for glamping with new venture
- 4 Former Fen pupil’s McLaren supercar work leads to national award
- 5 How defibrillator access varies across the Fens and East Cambridgeshire
- 6 Damning care home report reveals all areas ‘require improvement’
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 ‘It’s a sad thing really’ - vandalism at village church and war memorial
- 9 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash