FENLANDER: Over-50s encouraged to “give it a go” at day of free sporting activities in Wisbech
“GIVE it a go”: that’s what people aged over 50 are being invited to do on a free day of sporting activities at the Hudson Leisure Centre in Wisbech next month.
The event, on February 18, has been organised jointly by Fenland District Council’s sports development and Golden Age teams. It is free but people are urged to book in advance because places are limited for each activity.
Activities include New Age Kurling (10-11am), a tea dance (11.30-1pm), indoor bowls (12.30-2.15pm) and swimming and aqua aerobics (2.30-3.30pm).
Basic health checks will also be available.
The “Give it a Go” day for the over-50s is supported by Living Sport and Cambridgeshire Age UK, who will be present giving advice on a wide range of services available for older people.
You may also want to watch:
Councillor Steve Garratt, FDC’s portfolio holder responsible for health, said: “This is a great chance for people to come along and try something new. Not only are all these activities fun and good for your health, they’re also a chance to meet other like-minded people and make new friends.”
- 1 Turners ‘massively impacted’ and Knowles up pay to hire HGV drivers
- 2 Hunt is on to find stags that escaped from farm
- 3 Villagers team up to honour 'a real character'
- 4 ‘Enough is enough’ says MP at the scene of drink drive crash
- 5 Mobile upgrade work may cause TV interference
- 6 MP the “most handsome and kindest member of the government’
- 7 Sex offender caught with 76 of most serious child abuse photos
- 8 ‘Tired and dated’ road can only get better with our 40 new homes, say builders
- 9 Jail for paedophile who booked hotel to abuse three children
- 10 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone